If you get the Enter Unblock Code error message on your HP Pre 3 phone, it means that someone entered too many wrong unlock codes into the phone and as a result it is completely blocked. But that's typically if the phone owner has done so.
It was reported to us that some of the brand new and unopened Pre 3 phones, which were purchased directly at an HP store, came with this error message to begin with and it is not clear why.
If HP made the mistake, they should solve the problem. We were told by customers that they called HP to ask for another unlock code but they did not have a correct code available. Our customers were left with a blocked phone after the store was closed down. No good.
How To Remove The Enter Unblock Code Error And Unlock The HP Pre 3
- Activate Pre 3 with original SIM card or use a tool called Impostah (works for Pre 3 too).
- Make sure that the phone is unlockable by doing the free HP Pre 3 unlock check.
- Do the real unlocking with a registration code for the Pre 3.
- Repeat the unlocking procedure two or three times with the exact same registration code but add the word ",unblock" behind it. So if your registration code is HHGGFRSH325433, the second (or third time if required), use HHGGFRSH325433,unblock.
- PalmUnlocker's HP Pre 3 Unlocker will now remove the Enter Unblock Code error.
- Insert non original SIM card and enter the Pre 3 unlock code. If the phone asks for a PIN, first enter the SIM card's PIN or use a SIM card that doesn't need a PIN. In the same screen, enter the unlock code after you entered the PIN.
In case you have missed to enter the unlock code on your Pre 3 and the phone doesn't ask anymore for it, use this fix:
- Click on the phone icon in the notification area and select Emergency Call.
- Enter #*3386633# OR #*3386699# and press the green phone icon (it spells out #*DEVMODE# using phone letters).
- Wait, and the phone will ask if you want to enter Dev Mode. Select Dev Mode ON, and wait for the phone to reboot.